PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES
Highlights of our PE Programmes
- All our Primary 1 to 3 pupils will go through the “Lower Primary Games Day” while the Primary 4 to 6 pupils participates in the “Annual Sports Day”.
- The school have a total of 23 different CCAs for pupils to choose from (10 Sports CCAs, 6 Clubs and Societies, 2 Uniform Groups, 2 Performing Arts Clubs and 3 Cultural Activities Clubs)
- Our Primary 5 pupils will have a chance to participate in the 3 days 2 nights Leadership Camp. We will be moving this programme down to our P4 pupils starting 2012.
- The P4 to P6 Inter-Class Year-End Games were conducted after the exams in Term 4.
- All our Primary 1 and 2 pupils went through the pilot phase of the “Programme for Active Learning” (PAL) in 2010. Even though we are a double session school, the school deliberately extended the curriculum time for our P3 pupils in 2011 so that they are able to continue to enjoy the benefits ofPAL. ThroughPAL, the P1 and 2 pupils experienced 14 hours of the Sports and Games module where they learned to explore the different fundamental movements through the gymnastics and kids athletics programmes. Our P3 pupils got to explore the game of Netball.
School Annual Sports Day 2014
The annual School Sports Day was held on Thursday, 6 March 2014. It was a hot and sunny day. The spirit was high, the atmosphere was great and the stadium was blast with our JWPS staff, students and our stakeholders.
Congratulations to Cheetah House for clinching all the awards at one go! (first time in JWPS history we have a House that clinched ALL the awards in a day! Excellent job!) Well done to the rest of the Houses for putting forth their best effort in terms of organizing the training sessions, cheers, props, doing their respective duties and going beyond that.
The purpose of the Sports Day and the house practices is to expose our students to track events and through the process, they learn the importance of teamwork, resilience and mutual respect. We see ALL of them emerging as champions and winners on that day J
On behalf of the PAM department, we would like to thank each and everyone of you who have contributed to the success of our Sports Day 2014. We know that it was not easy for teachers and students to brave the heat and to stick to their various position throughout that few hours. We can really see everyone giving their best to perform what is required. It was also very encouraging to watch students cheering loudly for the Parent-Teacher race and all the volunteers who came to help. This year Sports Day would not have been successful if not for everyone of YOU!
- Interactive assembly programmes and health talks were conducted regularly.
- All pupils will participate in a series of health-related activities organized by the school during the “Health Week” in Term 3.
- The P4 girls will attend the “Whisper Talk” to prepare them for puberty.
- Our P3 students will have a learning journey to the “Health Zone” as part of their IPW project.
- The school has collaborated with the HPB in the “Fruity-Veggie Bites” programme to encourage the eating of fruits and vegetables.
Nutrition Workshop 2014
Recess Interlude (Primary 1 to 6)
PAL Music (Primary 1 and 3)
Sing Cum Dance (Primary 1 to 2)
Ukelele Programme (Primary 4)
Ethnic Percussion (Primary 6)
P5 A IS FOR ART 2014