PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES
Highlights of our PE Programmes
- All our Primary 1 to 3 students will go through the “Lower Primary Games Day” while the Primary 4 to 6 students participate in the “Sports Carnival”.
- The school have a total of 17 different CCAs for students to choose from (7 Sports CCAs, 4 Clubs and Societies, 1 Uniform Group, 5 Performing Arts Clubs).
- Our Primary 6 students will have a chance to participate in the 3 days 2 nights Adventure Camp.
- The P5 and P6 Inter-Class Year-End Games are conducted after the exams in Term 4.
School Annual Sports Day 2014
The annual School Sports Day was held on Thursday, 6 March 2014. It was a hot and sunny day. The spirit was high, the atmosphere was great and the stadium was blast with our JWPS staff, students and our stakeholders.
Congratulations to Cheetah House for clinching all the awards at one go! (first time in JWPS history we have a House that clinched ALL the awards in a day! Excellent job!) Well done to the rest of the Houses for putting forth their best effort in terms of organizing the training sessions, cheers, props, doing their respective duties and going beyond that.
The purpose of the Sports Day and the house practices is to expose our students to track events and through the process, they learn the importance of teamwork, resilience and mutual respect. We see ALL of them emerging as champions and winners on that day J
On behalf of the PAM department, we would like to thank each and everyone of you who have contributed to the success of our Sports Day 2014. We know that it was not easy for teachers and students to brave the heat and to stick to their various position throughout that few hours. We can really see everyone giving their best to perform what is required. It was also very encouraging to watch students cheering loudly for the Parent-Teacher race and all the volunteers who came to help. This year Sports Day would not have been successful if not for everyone of YOU!
- Interactive assembly programmes and health talks were conducted regularly.
- All students will participate in a series of health-related activities organized by the school during the “Health Week” in Term 3.
- Our P3 students will have a learning journey to the “Health Zone” as part of their IPW project.
Recess Interlude (Primary 1 to 6)
PAL Music (Primary 1 and 3)
Sing Cum Dance (Primary 1 to 2)
Ukelele Programme (Primary 4)
Ethnic Percussion (Primary 6)
P5 A IS FOR ART 2014