Guided by our school core values, JWPS Chinese Dance strives to nurture all our dancers into confident, responsible and committed individuals who display a mindset of excellence at all times. We also want to instil in them the importance of team spirit, and we aspire to develop them into team players of high resilience and rise above all adversities.
Through the years, JWPS Chinese Dance has grew in numbers and has more than 100 members in the CCA.
We were awarded the Gold award for a couple of SYF Central Judging. We achieved our first Gold (with Honours) in 2012, and we maintained our “Distinction” award in 2014 and 2016.
Apart from performing for the various yearly school events, (eg. Chinese New Year Concert, Annual Prize-Giving Ceremony, JWPS Open House etc), in the recent years, we were also privileged to be invited to perform at many community events as well as major
National/International events. The participation of these events allow us to make use of such opportunities to instil our belief of “being an active contributor to the nation and society” in our dancers.
Through performing at these different stages and platforms, the dancers have gained tremendous experience and exposure. We are very grateful and honoured to be given such opportunities.
Some of the events include: --
- ASEAN SCHOOLS GAMES 2017 (Opening Ceremony)
- CHNGAY PARADE 2017
- SG50 (Youth Celebrate!) (Official Opening of the Singapore Sports Hub Ceremony)
- CHINGAY PARADE 2015
- GYSS “Global Young Scientists Summit 2015” (Opening Ceremony)
- CHINGAY PARADE 2013
- SINGAPORE YOUTH FESTIVAL 2012 (Opening Ceremony)
- MOE ExCEL FEST 2012 (Awards Ceremony)
- CHINGAY PARADE 2011
- SINGAPORE 2010 YOUTH OLYMPIC GAMES (Opening Ceremony)
- CHINGAY PARADE 2010
- PIONEER POLYCLINIC GROUND BREAKING EVENT
- oktoLIVE @ MEDIACORP
- SINGAPORE DISCOVERY CENTRE “INTERNATIONAL FRIENDSHIP DAY LAUNCH CEREMONY”
- PIONEER ZONE 1 RC “LINKBRIDGE OPENING cum RESIDENTS’ OUTREACH”
- NAN HUA HIGH SCHOOL ANNUAL CONCERT (Cultural Potpourri 2012)
- CHINESE CULTURAL FESTIVAL 2012 (Closing Ceremony)
- PIONEER ZONE 12 RC “CLEAN AND GREEN 2009”
- ARTS @ THE MALL (Southwest district Arts festival @ Yew Tee Point)